14092020 Durgapur West Bengal, CSIR?Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute:
- World’s Largest Solar Tree in Durgapur
- Installed capacity of the Solar Tree is above 11.5 KWp
- Annual capacity to generate 12,000-14,000 units
- 35 Solar PV Panels in each tree with a capacity of 330 Wp each
- Potential to save 10-12 tons of CO2 emissions when compared to Fossil fuels
India’s emphasis for utilizing alternative power generation dream gives impetus to the World’s Largest Solar Tree in Durgapur, West Bengal. The surplus power generated could be fed into the Energy Grid.
Recently, ‘CSIR’s Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CSIR-CMERI) had developed World’s Largest Solar Tree. Each Solar Tree can cost Rs 7.5 lakhs and can be a boon for rural economy as it can be aligned with the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evem Utthan Mahabhiyan (PM KUSUM) Scheme for farmers, for developing a Renewable Energy based Energy Grid.’
‘According to Dr Harish Hirani, Director, CSIR-CMERI, the installed capacity of the Solar Tree is above 11.5 kWp (kilowatts peak). It has the annual capacity to generate 12,000-14,000 units of Clean and Green Power. There are a total of 35 Solar PV Panels in each tree with a capacity of 330 wp (watts peak) each.’ The Solar tree will act as a major catalyst in developing the agrarian economy of the nation through its technology innovations.
The ‘Make In India’ initiative of the nation has reaped rich dividends by giving enough scope for innovations which inturn has made educational institutes to give importance to innovate on the campus.
“The core mission of the CSIR-CMERI is to conduct research and develop cost effective and value added technologies in mechanical engineering and allied domains.
CSIR-CMERI is positioning itself to:
- Develop new technologies and techniques for commercialization
- Engage in top?class R&D built around its critical knowledge and core competencies
- Develop affordable technologies for offering affordable engineering solutions for societal needs
- Undertake extra mural research with academic partners like IITs, IISc, NITs, etc.
- Extend its facilities and resources for alignment with national missions for Skill Development, Make in India, Swachch Bharat, Innovate in India, etc.”
World’s Largest Solar Tree puts India on the premium listing globally in power generation using solar energy. This could be a major breakthrough in the domain and more to come creating an end to power outages across the nation. For more such interesting information keep watching this space…..
Please like our pages: on Facebook & LinkedIn. #Way2World brings #StartUpNews from #StartUpResources about #StartUpFounders, #Co-Founders, #WomenEntrepreneurs, #WomenLeaders, #StartUpMentors, #StartUpInnovation #StartUpIncubators, #StartUpAccelerators and #StartUpListing. The #StartUpArticles, #StartUpReviews and #StartUpStories discuss about #StartUpFunding, #IndianStart-Ups their #BusinessServices along with #StartUpName and #technologyimpactness. With Inputs from internet – RajKishan