07 August 2019, Hyderabad, RISC 2019:
- Are you an innovator with a prototype
- Are you a StartUp in the revenue stage
- Are you an innovative student
- Select a challenge area you feel strongly about
- Consider a solution that has the potential to make a real difference
Rural innovators are on the rise because opportunities are abundant in the rural scenario. With inadequate facilities compared to their metro brethren, challenges are unlimited. Innovators have ample scope to explore with innovative initiatives.
Presumably there is enormous scope that needs to be explored in health, agriculture, education and more, to be done to enhance the rural living style. These innovations not only uplift the living standards of the rural public but also provide an environment that yields better living standards.
In its pursuit for such innovations, The National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR), recognises rural ideators and gives a platform to evolve as successful entities. NIRDPR is an autonomous organisation under the Union Ministry of Rural Development. It is a premier national centre of excellence in Rural Development and Panchayati Raj.
In the memory of late Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam who championed the cause of technological innovations in rural development, NIRDPR is organising Rural Innovators Start-up Conclave (RISC 2019) with the aim to better rural life with the aid of technology and innovations.
Centre for Innovation and Appropriate Technologies, an enterprise recognition wing of NIRDPR is conducting a two day event, RISC 2019 at their campus in Hyderabad, on September 27 & 28, 2019. The last date for filling application: 10 August, 2019.
RISC 2019 is a platform to a wide array of innovators and start-ups to showcase their products pitch and talk about their innovation and get an opportunity to partner with funding, mentor, acceleration and network support.
RISC 2019 is also organising a Rural Innovation Design (RIDe) Challenge at the prestigious Rural Innovators Start-up Conclave 2018, school children (from 8th standard) and college students are invited to participate. Short listed entries will be invited to make a poster presentation to explain their idea and how it might address their chosen challenge theme.
- Innovator: Innovator should have prototype with proven results or in the middle of building and refinement of it. Register here: Apply
- Start-up Stage: Innovator / team having at least few customers on board and looking for scaling up and commercialization. Register here: Apply
- RIDe Challenger from School children (8th standard onwards) and College student. Register here: Apply
What you can expect:
- Cash awards to the best innovator, start-up and poster presentation in each thematic sectors
- Facilitating incubation / acceleration support
- Facilitating networking with national and international platform
- Selected nominations will be offered space for their technology / innovation display cum demonstration
- Fellowship to winners under innovators and startup categories to facilitate mentorship through workshop on “Design, Packaging and Marketing etc.
Who are Invited?
Innovators – Entrepreneurs with a start-up at Ideation and Budding stage
Technologists – proven technologies for their promotion,
Entrepreneurs with production capacity for market promotion,
Enablers – MSDE, MSME, NRLM, NABARD etc.,
Corporate organizations with a mandate to support social enterprises.
National and International entrepreneur support networks and grant in aid organizations, incubators and accelerators.
‘The RISC 2019 will bring together the most forward-thinking Innovators, Incubators, Entrepreneurs, Technology players to unlock new potentials in six identified sectors (Agriculture & Allied, Green Energy, Drinking Water and Sanitation, Health and Elderly Care, Waste to Wealth, Sustainable Housing and Sustainable Livelihood) for Rural India.
The event will be attended by representatives from Industries, Academics, Government, Non-Government and most importantly by Entrepreneurs, Venture Capitalists, Angel Investors and other players from entrepreneurial ecosystem. The Start-up Conclave for Rural Innovations will be first of its kind to nurture Ideas and Start-ups. The event will have a dynamic jury to screen the best start-ups for incubation and acceleration.’
#Way2World brings #StartUpNews from #StartUpResources about #StartUpFounders, #Co-Founders, #WomenEntrepreneurs, #WomenLeaders, #StartUpMentors, #StartUpInnovation #StartUpIncubators, #StartUpAccelerators and #StartUpListing. The #StartUpArticles, #StartUpReviews and #StartUpStories discuss about #StartUpFunding, #IndianStart-Ups their #BusinessServices along with #StartUpName and #technologyimpactness. With Inputs from internet – RajKishan