30 December 2019, Gujarat, GTU Student Startup Medal 2020:
- Student Startups are requested to apply before 31st Dec 2019 by 6.00 PM
- Application Link: https://forms.gle/DhHv7gLbgoH6C42r5
- For any query revert back to Mr. Tushar Panchal via email@example.com or +91- 9998 406 205
Gujarat Technological University (GTU) has always been the fore runner in fostering entrepreneurial mind set amidst students. Because the think heads of the university believe that encouraging StartUps on the campus enhances the national economy.
In its latest endeavor, for the first time in the country ‘GTU Student Startup Medal 2020’ have constituted and would be Awarding Medals during GTU Annual Convocation 2020. The award would be given as Appreciation of the Best Student Start-Up of the graduating batch. This is a welcoming move that would encourage more to take up entrepreneurship as the best option.
“In accordance with the mandate of “National Student Start-up Policy” unveiled by MHRD and SSIP Gujarat, Gujarat Technological University has decided to appreciate Best student start-ups of graduating batch 2019 by awarding Medals during the GTU Annual convocation 2020.
Gujarat Technological University would be the 1st state university in the country to take such a progressive measure to promote innovation and entrepreneurial attributes among the youth across affiliating institutes.
GTU believes that this intervention will go a long way in inspiring our young students to find answers to the problems by pursuing an entrepreneurial route and in effect contributing to the growth of India and making a great career for themselves.
Evaluation for awarding the Medals will be done by a committee of jury comprising of noted experts from state and national start-up ecosystems, academia, industry and other areas related to start-ups. The Medals will be awarded to outstanding students/student teams having start-ups in UG and PG as per the evaluation and recommendation by the Committee/Jury.
Based on the worthiness of the student start-ups, the Jury will recommend the number of medals in a particular year. The objective of this unique intervention is to communicate a powerful message to the students at large that GTU, besides the academic brilliance, recognizes alternative excellence and appreciates the unconventional talents in a big way.
GTU appreciates and supports efforts like student start-ups wherein GTU students, in their professional lives, can be job creators contributing to the national development.
The Criteria for Start-ups to be considered for this award:
- The lead founder/Co-founder of the student start-up who is nominated for the above should be from the graduating batch of any of the UG/PG programme under any of the GTU affiliated colleges in the state of Gujarat.
- The Student Start-up should be a registered legal entity with or without affiliation to any incubator/innovation centre.
- The start-up should have attained a turnover of minimum INR 6 lac (including orders on hand) within 6 months of the graduation/ before Convocation. Alternatively if it is a social innovation start-up, the intangible value created by the start-up should be INR 3 Lac or more. Roughly quantifying the intangible value will be done by the committee.
- Grant, award money, Investment received by the student start-up will not be counted for the above but such start-ups fulfilling the above criteria can be given additional weightage while shortlisting.
- The student start-up should not be a mere extension of any family business. It should be an independent enterprise initiated by any student or team of students of the graduating batch.
- The lead founder/co-founder (s) of the selected start-up of the graduating batch can receive a medal for the above.
- Every year, GTU will give away the medals based on the merit and criteria set by the jury. Decision of Selection committee will be final. “
Student Startups are requested to apply before 31st Dec 2019 by 6.00 PM
Application Link: https://forms.gle/DhHv7gLbgoH6C42r5
For any query revert back to Mr. Tushar Panchal via firstname.lastname@example.org or +91- 9998 406 205
#Way2World brings #StartUpNews from #StartUpResources about #StartUpFounders, #Co-Founders, #WomenEntrepreneurs, #WomenLeaders, #StartUpMentors, #StartUpInnovation #StartUpIncubators, #StartUpAccelerators and #StartUpListing. The #StartUpArticles, #StartUpReviews and #StartUpStories discuss about #StartUpFunding, #IndianStart-Ups their #BusinessServices along with #StartUpName and #technologyimpactness. (This story is published from an agency feed without modifications to the text) With Inputs from internet – RajKishan